Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Our Magaret Mahy trip

 Kia ora,  a couple of weeks ago we went to Margaret Mahy playground to learn about māori designs and what they mean. On the trip we visited the Waka on Avon river, Victoria square, Margaret Mahy and we looked at the mats in the concrete. First I went on the waka which was my favourite part of the trip. We went on the waka on the Avon river. We got to learn how to row like the māori did and it was very fun, they also let us sing songs on the waka. Next was Victoria square which was really fun as well because we got to look at some pou and some statues. We also learnt alot about Victoria square. After that we got to see the carvings in the paving at Margaret Mahy and learn about what they mean. Lastly we went to feed the tuna/eel l and look at the mats in the concrete. That was fun as well even though i couldn't feed a tuna/eel.


Something I learnt was that after the 2011 earthquakes nobody felt safe in the city so nobody wanted to come anymore so they made a playground to bring people back together in town.

The thing I found the most interesting was when we looked at the concrete carvings at Margaret Mahy because I never knew that they etched a whole maori song and a part of one of Margaret Mahy books. 


This trip has helped me with my PBL because it gave me some good ideas to do here at school and it also has taught me about things that are appropriate for certain designs. 

 Thank you for reading my blog. Have you ever been to margaret mahy?


15 comments:

  1. Great job Neve. Next time you could add a bit more writting and a question but over all I think it lookes amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saffy I just commented on your blog yours was great too! Had you been to magaret mahy before our trip?

      Delete
  2. yes I have been good question

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been as well what is your favourite piece of equipment?

      Delete
  3. probly the big climing and slide thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too it is very fun. I also like the big disc spinny thing.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah although all of the equipment is really fun and all of it and all of the designs mean something. Its really cool.

      Delete
  5. Yeah I was really really fun I enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was, it was proberly one of my favourite school trips i have been on.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I feel like everyone would agree we are really lucky we are fourtunate anouth to go on trips like that.

      Delete
  7. Great job Neve I love the way you added lots of stuff about the trip.Next time you could add a question to it and a bit more on the writting

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Neve, I really liked the way you discribed how good the trip was and you made it sound very intresting.Next time you could add some more writting about the activites and add an intresting question at the end but over all it was amazing. Great job Neve.

    Question:What did you like doing the most

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post