Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

My persausive text on why schools should ban junk food

Kia Ora,

Recently for writing we have been learning how to write persausive texts this week our topic is should schools ban junk food? In this speech I am  for this. Here is my text:

Have you ever felt tired in class or just don't have energy? Well its proberly because you dont have enough nutrients in your lunch box to keep you through the day.  If you eat too much unheathy, sugary foods you'll get super hyper and can stay awake forever, right? Wrong you'll have alot of energy for a little bit then the opposite will happen, you'll be tired and out of energy, you won't be able to focus on your work and your teacher won't be happy but neither will you, think about it you might love playing sport with your friends at lunch time but you won't have enough energy so you'll have to watch. Just imagine if you accidentally gave it to someone that was allergic to it or wasn't allowed it  and its not just that but also you might get sick and junk food is not good for your health or your teeth. So next time you're packing your lunch and your about to put a packet of doritos or a cupcake swich it out for an apple or a wholemeal sandwhich. 

Did I convince you that schools should ban junkfood?   

17 comments:

  1. Hi Neve, that’s a great piece of persuasive writing! I like your use of rhetorical questions too. I agree with you about banning junk food at school because it doesn’t help you focus and although you get a bit of an energy rush, it wears off quickly and leaves you tired! Just remember to proof read your writing, making sure sentences make sense, and full stops are in the correct places before posting. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirstin, Thank you for you feedback. I have gone back to change any mistakes that I have done. What is your favourite junk food?

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Neve, this was a very interesting piece of writing! you were able to use facts to back up your writing. I agree with Kirstin about proofreading your work before posting. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Neve,
    Your blog post this week was very good. Great Job! You did persuade me to put more healthier food in my lunchbox. You have made a little writing mistake "So you'll have to whach" Anyways maybe next time you could talk a little bit more about your piece of writing but other than that your blog post this week was very good. Keep up the awesome work!
    What is your favorite fruit or vegetable?
    Ari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ari, thank you for commenting on my blog, and thank you for your feedback. I have gone back to change some mistakes. My favourite fruit or vegtable is strawberry whats yours?

      Delete
    3. Hi Neve,
      Thank you for replying. My favorite fruit is strawberry's too but I really like watermelon. What is your least favorite fruit or vegetable?
      Thanks
      Ari

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. Hi Ari, My least favourite fruit or vegetable is cauliflower and banana whats yours?

      Delete
    6. Hi Neve,
      My least favorite fruit or vegetable would probably banana's too.
      What is your least favorite candy? My least favorite candy would be peanut M&Ms
      Thanks
      Ari

      Delete
    7. Hi Ari, me too the reason I don't like them is because I don't like nuts so probaly them and picnic. Do you think you have been healthy in lockdown ?

      Delete
    8. Hi Neve,
      I don't like nuts that much either.
      I have been eat some healthy food like I have a apple a day or maybe a orange.
      Have you been having fun in lockdown?

      Delete
    9. Hi Ari, I have had alot of fun even though I perfer not in lockdown I still like it when we are in lockdown, because I get to play with my pets all day long, aswell as doing school work ofcourse. Have you been having fun with your pets?

      Delete
    10. Hi Neve,
      Yes I have been having a lot of fun with my pets.
      What is your favorite animal?
      Ari

      Delete
    11. Hi Ari, It's good to hear that you have been having fun with your pets. My favorite animal is a dog and a dolipin whats yours?

      Delete
    12. Hi Neve,
      My favorite animal is a dog too but I also really like giraffes.
      What is your least favorite animal?
      Ari

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post